Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/27 18:56:24 UTC

Access denied to git hub repo of Karaf

Hi,

I get this error on Apache Github Karaf repo :

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false push -v --tags
origin karaf-2.3.x:karaf-2.3.x

Pushing to ssh://git@github.com/apache/karaf

ERROR: Permission to apache/karaf.git denied to cmoulliard.

Completed with errors, see above

Can someone provide me the grants ?

Regards,

Charles Moulliard
Twitter : @cmoulliard
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: Access denied to git hub repo of Karaf

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
isn't the usual gihub workflow to have your own copy of the apache project and submit pull requests to the github copy of the apache project?  I think that the github karaf is supposed to be an exact copy of the apache svn tree, so if you could modify it at github it wouldn't be any longer.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
The Karaf repos themselves are no git repos by now. Every git repo you
find with Karaf is only an mirror of the Karaf SVN Repository. Only
way is to use git-svn together with the original SVN repo and one of
the mirrors. That's also how most of us are doing it right now
(AFAIK).

Kind regards,
Andreas