Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by zafaralikhan14-2 <za...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/23 11:46:45 UTC

Installation on dedicated Server

Hello Sir,

I started work on ofbiz a month ago and really appreciate it

I have dedicated server with root access. Some of the configurations are:
Red hat linux, apache,Jdk1.6,mod_jk configured to serve tomcat files.

Tomcat installed and listening on port 8080
Apache is listening on port 80
Https port is 8443
Oracle http server is listening on port 9090

I am placing HTML files /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com and TOMCAT files at :
/usr/share/apache-tomcat-6.0.20/webapps/mydomain.com

Can you please let me know where will I download the ofbiz and installed as
I not to disturb any of the server settings

Re: Installation on dedicated Server

Posted by zafaralikhan14 <ra...@gmail.com>.
thanks again for your replies

How can I stop all websites running on tomcat. In case I am stopping tomcat
and configuring ofbiz as you said then where I'll put my more than 10
website?

this is my main question

best regards

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
use a script {ofbizhome}/rc.ofbiz template. There are instruction in the
file. you would customize one for each server instance renaming it.
this lets you shut down each server individually. Then write a master
script that calls all the other ones you have.
This is a good place to look for information
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Documentation+Index

there use to be a document on this in wiki but i can not find it.

zafaralikhan14 sent the following on 12/25/2009 4:51 AM:

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
found it
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/How+to+run+OFBiz+as+a+Service

BJ Freeman sent the following on 12/25/2009 7:14 AM:

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raakh <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.