Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by "Ramkumar R. Aiyengar" <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/09 01:24:23 UTC

Issue with new example layout?

Was trying out the example with the new layout for the first time. Had
heard about issues with stray files lying around with this new layout on
the list, so I started with a fresh checkout.

Did:

$ cd solr
$ ant dist
$ bin/solr start
Waiting to see Solr listening on port 8983bin/solr: line 1037:
/home/ramk/projects/lucene-solr/solr/server/logs/solr-8983-console.log: No
such file or directory

waits for a minute, then exits with failure..

after a bit of digging, realized that doing a `mkdir server/logs` does the
trick. Should this be done by the script itself with a `mkdir -p
server/logs`?

(I initially thought that I was still required to do an `ant example`, but
looks like that doesn't create the logs directory as well..)

Re: Issue with new example layout?

Posted by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for putting together in JIRA Erick ... will get these issues
resolved today.

Posted by "Ramkumar R. Aiyengar" <an...@gmail.com>.
Sure, will do..

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.