Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2015/12/27 01:58:59 UTC

It appears our infrastructure on-boarding is complete

Hi!

with wiki and GH integration completed I believe
that our infrastructure on-boarding is complete. If
you think otherwise, please update the master ticket:

Now, speaking of GH integration, I wanted to take a
moment an explain what kind of a workflow it enables.

>From now on, anybody can fork our ASF GitHub
mirrors:
   https://github.com/apache/incubator-fineract
   https://github.com/apache/incubator-fineract-site
and send us PRs following the normal GH fokflow.

Those PRs will generate emails to our dev mailing
list and one of you guys will have to prodive feedback
or merge the code in by committing to the ASF Git
repo. That last point is only difference between a classical
GH workflow: there's no way to simply click a Merge
button on GH -- you actually have to commit the change
into the ASF Git.

Speaking of which, when committing don't forget to
include "Closes #xxx" (where xxx is the numeric ID
of the PR) in your commit message. This is the easies
way to tell GH to close the outstanding PR.

To test-drive this new workflow I've created our first
PR: https://github.com/apache/incubator-fineract-site/pull/1
As expected it generated an email to our dev@fineract.i.a.o
mailing list and is now waiting for your feedback. Please
don't let my contribution go to waste ;-)

Finally, I'd really encourage you to document various
ways of how folks can now contribute to Fineract on
the wiki. For a good example take a look at:
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Contributing+to+HAWQ

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: It appears our infrastructure on-boarding is complete

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Ok, I made sure you have full admin rights. Please on-board others as needed,
but lets try not to proliferate admin rights without need.

Thanks,
Roman.

Posted by ma...@live.de.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Markus Geiß <ma...@live.de>.
Hey,

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 10:27 PM, Markus Geiß <ma...@live.de> wrote:
> Hey Roman,
> I've tried to fetch your changes, but given that the asf-site branch triggers the web site,
>  I only can fetch it if I'm at the master branch. Fetching it into asf-site gives a non-bare error.

Huh? The following worked for me:
   $ git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-fineract-site.git
   $ git checkout asf-site
   $ curl -L https://github.com/apache/incubator-fineract-site/pull/1.patch