Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jens Hjalmarsson <je...@gestrike-linjen.x.se> on 1999/06/09 22:41:01 UTC

POST is not allowed

Hello

This is probably not the right forum for this, but I don't know where else
to turn. Forgive me.

I get Method Not Allowed for all POST's I try to do. I've tried
<Limit POST>
Order Allow,deny
Allow from all
</limit>
in the <Directory /> and in a <Directory> for the specifik directory I try
to POST in.. What am I doing wrong??

/Jens

RE: POST is not allowed

Posted by Jens Hjalmarsson <je...@gestrike-linjen.x.se>.
Hello again

Apparently is POST only allowed to directories which are specified with
ScriptAlias. Is there a way to allow POST to other directories as well?

/Jens

RE: POST is not allowed

Posted by David Harris <dh...@drh.net>.
I seem to remember that if you try to POST to some kind of static file (i.e.
not a cgi script) then you get an error much like "method not allowed".
Could this be your problem?

 - David Harris
   Principal Engineer, DRH Internet Services