Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jose Monreal <jm...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/21 14:51:16 UTC

server-status in text format

Is it possible to get the same information of html manger server status but
in text format?

Like this curl http://localhost:8080/manager/text/server-status

Best regards,
José

Re: server-status in text format

Posted by Jose Monreal <jm...@gmail.com>.
I was looking for a text format instead of html, because its faster when
you are deploying in 100 servers at the same time, and different services.

I'll try the xml format Konstantin was talking about.

Regards,

Saludos cordiales,

José Ignacio Monreal Bailey  |  Ingeniero Civil en Computación

 *Cuidemos del medio ambiente. Por favor no imprimas este e-mail si no es
 necesario.*

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: server-status in text format

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
> From the documentation it only says From this link, but it doesn't say if
> its possible to get the info from the text manager.
> Why it hasn't been developed?
>
> Saludos cordiales,
>
> José Ignacio Monreal Bailey  |  Ingeniero Civil en Computación
>

>  *Cuidemos del medio ambiente. Por favor no imprimas este e-mail si no es
>  necesario.*
>
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Jose Monreal <jm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to get the same information of html manger server status
>> but in text format?
>>
>> Like this curl http://localhost:8080/manager/text/server-status

1. Tomcat version = ?

2. Do not top-post
http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users
-> 6.

3.
http://localhost:8080/manager/status
http://localhost:8080/manager/status/all
- gives status in HTML format

http://localhost:8080/manager/status?XML=true
http://localhost:8080/manager/status/all?XML=true
- gives status in XML format

You can apply XSLT to format it into text.

You need any one of manager-* roles to access the above page:
manager-gui, manager-script, manager-status, manager-jmx

Source code: o.a.c.manager.StatusManagerServlet.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: server-status in text format

Posted by Jose Monreal <jm...@gmail.com>.