Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/06 10:58:01 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1297284 [1/2] - in /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk: ./ src/codegen/unicode/java/org/apache/fop/complexscripts/bidi/ src/java/org/apache/fop/afp/util/ src/java/org/apache/fop/complexscripts/bidi/ src/java/org/apache/fop/complexscripts/fonts/ s

I agree. That is the way it is done in the Apache (httpd) and OpenSSL
souce code, where it is common to see the original authors. But then,
there is no Javadoc there...

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com> wrote:

> The ASF board policy [1] which I cited in the update conventions page
> (that doesn't seem to have been rsynced yet) does not call out javadoc

i just svn updated /www/xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop on people.apache.org, so
it should be rsynced shortly; i gotta remember to do that after running ant
-f publish.xml...

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
The ASF board policy [1] which I cited in the update conventions page (that
doesn't seem to have been rsynced yet) does not call out javadoc, but
merely indicates that attribution of original file author, if present,
should follow the copyright and license comments.

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-jmeter-dev/200402.mbox/%3C4039F65E.7020406@atg.com%3E

In making the fix to remove @author, I didn't want to move the comments
away from their original location; however, I see now that some would have
preferred they not appear in the javadocs, which I did not consider at the
time. I would not object to further changes that move them out of the
javadoc comments, but I doubt I'll have time to make another pass on this
any time soon.