Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Olivier.Roger" <ol...@bsb.com> on 2010/09/13 11:41:13 UTC

[Aggregator] wait indefinitely ?

Hello Camel!

I am using Camel 2.4 with its new Aggregator component.

I wanted to have a confirmation on some change in the component behavior.

In Camel 2.2 there was default values for batchTimeout (1000) and batchSize
(100).
According to the documentation, the new aggregator does not have default
values for those options (renamed to completionTimeout and completionSize).

Does it means that the new aggregator will wait forever by default (if not
completionSize, CompletionTimeout and completionPredicate is set of course).

Thanks in advance.

Olivier

Re: [Aggregator] wait indefinitely ?

Posted by "Olivier.Roger" <ol...@bsb.com>.
That's exactly what I wanted to know,

Thanks!

Re: [Aggregator] wait indefinitely ?

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
On 9/13/10 5:41 PM, Olivier.Roger wrote:

> Hello Camel!
>
> I am using Camel 2.4 with its new Aggregator component.
>
> I wanted to have a confirmation on some change in the component behavior.
>
> In Camel 2.2 there was default values for batchTimeout (1000) and batchSize
> (100).
> According to the documentation, the new aggregator does not have default
> values for those options (renamed to completionTimeout and completionSize).
Yes, there is no default value for them.

> Does it means that the new aggregator will wait forever by default (if not
> completionSize, CompletionTimeout and completionPredicate is set of course).

There is a parameter checking in the AggregatorProcessor.doStart(), if
there is no completion parameter an IllegalStateException will be thrown.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Olivier

Willem