Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jason Grant <ja...@logular.com> on 2001/03/28 23:48:22 UTC

$tstrings references in generated SQL scripts

Hi,

I've written an application under TDK1a11, and am now trying to migrate it
to a version of turbine/TDK just pulled from CVS.  When I build my app with
the "init" target, some of the generated SQL contains $tstrings references,
so I assume that the templating is out of whack.  This is no doubt my own
fault, as I'm trying to salvage my ant config.  Here's what I've done:

* built turbine, and copied jars across to my lib dir, killing off stale
ones
* updated my build-project.xml file with the new taskdefs, and targets
* copied the new *.vm hierachy to my build hierachy

Alas, id-table-schema.sql comes out like this:

-- ID_TABLE
drop table if exists ID_TABLE;

CREATE TABLE ID_TABLE
(
    $tstrings.sub($tstrings.collapseSpaces($entry)," ,",",")
    $tstrings.sub($tstrings.collapseSpaces($entry)," ,",",")
    $tstrings.sub($tstrings.collapseSpaces($entry)," ,",",")
    $tstrings.sub($tstrings.collapseSpaces($entry)," ,",",")
    PRIMARY KEY(ID_TABLE_ID),
    UNIQUE (TABLE_NAME)

);

I assume that this is because "columns.vm" isn't working (I'm using mysql),
but am unsure of the fix.  Suggestions appreciated.

J.

Here is my taskdef and target, if it helps:

  <taskdef name="torque-sql" classname="org.apache.turbine.torque.TorqueSQLTask">
    <classpath refid="classpath"/>
  </taskdef>

  <target name="turbine-id-table-sql">

    <echo message="+------------------------------------------+"/>
    <echo message="|                                          |"/>
    <echo message="| Generating SQL for YOUR Turbine project! |"/>
    <echo message="| Woo hoo!                                 |"/>
    <echo message="|                                          |"/>

    <torque-sql
      controlTemplate="${SQLControlTemplate}"
      outputDirectory="${outputDirectory}/sql"
      templatePath="${templatePath}"
      outputFile="id-table-schema.sql"
      xmlFile="${schemaDirectory}/id-table-schema.xml"
      targetDatabase="${database}"
    />

  </target>