Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ni...@vecnatech.com on 2000/12/15 15:15:27 UTC

Re: tomcat an another files, servlet api

try /opt/servletapi. Hiwever you may want to put both of these in a
subdirectory for organization.

Nirav

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
nirav@vecnatech.com wrote:

> try /opt/servletapi. Hiwever you may want to put both of these in a
> subdirectory for organization.

If you only want to *run* Tomcat, as opposed to build it, you do not need the
servletapi package at all.  It is available for people who want to see the
source code of the servlet API classes in the servlet.jar that is included with
Tomcat.

> Nirav

Craig McClanahan