Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org> on 2005/04/11 16:55:02 UTC

Store implementations : work-dir, cache-dir?

Hi all,

While trying to fix an annoying but in EHCacheStore when cocoon is
reloaded, I found that all cache implementations accept parameters to
specify if the cache should go to either "cache-dir" or "work-dir".

The question is: why oh why do we have a "cache-dir" setting if we let
people use "work-dir" afterwards in the store configuration??

Any hints about this where this comes from? It really looks FS to me.

Sylvain

Re: Store implementations : work-dir, cache-dir?

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> While trying to fix an annoying but in EHCacheStore when cocoon is
> reloaded, I found that all cache implementations accept parameters to
> specify if the cache should go to either "cache-dir" or "work-dir".
>
> The question is: why oh why do we have a "cache-dir" setting if we let
> people use "work-dir" afterwards in the store configuration??
>
> Any hints about this where this comes from? It really looks FS to me.

it always puzzled me too.

--
Stefano.