Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Niral Trivedi <ni...@insage.com> on 2001/05/23 16:21:41 UTC

mod_perl and NES/iPlanet

All,

I know this is stupid question... but I want to confirm this thing from
apache/mod_perl Gurus here..

mod_perl can not be used with NES or iPlanet web server, right?

We are so much screwed up here with iPlanet but we have to use that for some
other reasons.. So, we were exploring the possibilities..

Niral

Re: mod_perl and NES/iPlanet

Posted by Ken Williams <ke...@forum.swarthmore.edu>.
niral.trivedi@insage.com (Niral Trivedi) wrote:
>mod_perl can not be used with NES or iPlanet web server, right?
>
>We are so much screwed up here with iPlanet but we have to use that for
>some other reasons.. So, we were exploring the possibilities..

It depends - if you need to run iPlanet as your main server but could
run an Apache process as a backend using a proxy, then you could do
fine.  If you're forbidden from running Apache at all, you're out of
luck.

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  ken@forum.swarthmore.edu                            The Math Forum