Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk> on 1997/03/31 16:38:04 UTC

modules Makefile

still doesn't work, of course. Looks to me like the idea was to add a new
implicit rule which causes the modules to build, no? If so, its all wrong.
Firstly, make only supports a null suffix on the destination, not the source,
secondly, you gotta add the rule! So, to make it work, you have to rename the
directory to, say, proxy.mod, and do this:

.SUFFIXES: .build .clean .mod

.mod.build:
	(cd $<; $(MAKE) CC=$(CC) AUX_CFLAGS='$(MOD_CFLAGS)' RANLIB='$(RANLIB)')

default: $(MODULES)

If there was some other plan in mind, then its so completely broken I don't
know how to fix it ;-)

Cheers,

Ben.