Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Sutler, Brandon" <Mi...@ca.com> on 2002/12/17 22:26:42 UTC

FW: Tomcat 3.3 + JAXM Servlets

Hello.  I'm trying to move a few JAXM Servlets that I developed with the Java Web Services Development Kit (jwsdk) to work in Tomcat 3.3, but I'm having trouble getting more than one to work at a time.  I've written four web services, each developed as JAXM Servlets.  All four work together in harmony using the jwsdk.  When I try to use them in my Tomcat 3.3 installation, I can only get one to work at a time.  Here are the symptoms:

Suppose I have three servlets, A, B, and C.  I install A and test it fully.  It works.  Then, I install servlet B and test it.  It does not work.  Any time I send a message to servlet B, servlet A replies.  I test servlet A again, and it still works.  Now I install servlet C.  This servlet doesn't work either.  Servlet B still doesn't work, but servlet A is still working like a champ.

Now, I remove servlet A from Tomcat.  I test servlet C, and it works now.  I test servlet B, but responses from B are now being generated by C.  Strange.

I have Tomcat 3.3 installed on a Windows 2000 server.  To get the SOAP messaging to work, I installed soap.war in the webapps directory.  I realize this is a naïve approach, so if anyone can give advice on how to configure my soap installation, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
~Brandon.