Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Samiran Raj Boro <sr...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/24 22:49:36 UTC

Development guide (ICFOSS)

Hi,
I am Samiran. I participated in 3 day local workshop at ICFOSS (
http://community.apache.org/mentoringprogramme-icfoss-pilot.html). I am
looking forward to contribute to Mahout project.

I am Java beginner and learning it fast. My interest domain is data mining
and I am familiar with clustering algorithms. I was checking  this
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-1177 Let me know if somebody
is already working on it. Also please suggest if I need to pay special
attention to something. It would be great for me if you could point me,
some bug or enhancement in jira (for beginners) so that I can have some
hands on practice and understand the code base.

Regards,
Samiran