Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Mrinalika Ghosh <mr...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/11 04:01:07 UTC

Hits/min JMeter understanding

Hi,

I want to understand how we look at hits/min in JMeter. I have date with me
for different API having different different hits/min.

In the dashboard I see transaction/sec which comes equivalent to the
hits/min graph under the charts section of Throughput.

I have 3 questions below:

1. Is there a connection between transactions/sec and hits/sec? Since as
per my understanding transactions can contain multiple hits.

2. Why in my case hits/min graph values equivalent to transaction/sec?

3. How do I get value for hits/min in the dashboard so that my client can
directly take a look at it?

Thanks
Mrinalika
--
Thanks and regards
Mrinalika Ghosh

Re: Hits/min JMeter understanding

Posted by "glinius@live.com" <gl...@live.com>.
It mostly depends on the protocol, in case of  HTTP
<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP>   single "transaction"
may produce more than one hit due to  redirects
<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Redirections>   or
downloading  embedded resources
<https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/web-testing-jmeter-how-properly-handle-embedded-resources-html-responses/>
(images, scripts, styles, fonts, sounds, etc.)

In case of missing redirects/embedded resources (i.e if you're testing an
API) one sampler generates only one hit and it could be the explanation of
your metrics.

You cannot calculate/estimate/predict how many hits will a single sampler
generates as it mainly depends on your system under test, however you can
measure it using i.e.  Server Hits per Second
<https://jmeter-plugins.org/wiki/HitsPerSecond/>   listener

--
Sent from: http://www.jmeter-archive.org/JMeter-User-f512775.html