Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Giuseppe Galli <gg...@e-tree.com> on 2002/03/22 19:26:54 UTC

errors in soap web app jsps on wlsp2 and orion 1.5.4

Hi all,
first I wish to say thankyou to Steve and all people that produced the tips
about the steps needed to install apache soap
2.2 on WebLogic6.1sp2
I followed the 3 steps as written in the faq page on xml.apache site,
moreover i configured the servlet with the initial param
      <init-param>
        <param-name>ConfigFile</param-name>
        <param-value>C:\bea\wlserver6.1\config\mydomain\applications\soap\soap.xml</param-value>
      </init-param>
and created the soap.xml file with the stuff as reported in the javadoc
section of the soap classes.

But after restarting the server I'm still not able to visit the jsp pages
in the admin section of the soap web app (namely
http://localhost:7001/soap/admin/*.jsp) this is the error stack trace on
the system consol:
<22-mar-02 18.58.10 CET> <Error> <HTTP>
<[WebAppServletContext(6809845,soap,/soa
p)] Servlet failed with Exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
          at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManager.list(ServiceManager.java:341)
          at jsp_servlet._admin.__list._jspService(__list.java:93)
          at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
          at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:265)
          at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:304)
          at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:200)
          at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:2495)
          at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
pl.java:2204)
          at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)

My environment is win2K, wl6.1sp2 running on its jvm, and the xerces.jar
(ver1.4.4) file as the first entry in WL classpath.
I tried the same webapp configuration with orion server and jdk1.3.1 but
still unable to compile the jsp pages, while the client application works
well with orion (localhost:80) but not with WL (localhost:7001) :-((((
any hint?
TIA
Pino