Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com> on 2013/01/23 23:43:32 UTC

playerglobal.swc 10.x is missing from SDK 4.9

Hi,

I have just installed SDK 4.9 and built a sample Flex project in Eclipse+ Flash Builder.
I modified the minimum FP version in flex-config.xml to 10.2 and compiled it and I am getting the following expectable error:

Cannot find <SDK_HOME>/frameworks/libs/player/10.2/playerglobal.swc.

Actually,  libs/player only contains 11.1 and 11.4 (like in SDK 4.6 / 4.8).
So I had to copy 11.1 and rename it to 10.2 to compile successfully.

So I have a naive question:  since SDK 4.9 is compatible with FP 10.2 to 11.5 (cf. release notes), why isn't 10.2 playerglobal.swc included in the SDK?

Regards

Maurice

Re: playerglobal.swc 10.x is missing from SDK 4.9

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> One of the reasons I was looking forward to SDK 4.9 is that it would break that marketing-only requirement on FP 11.1.

The README has instructions on how to use the SDK with other versions of Flash Player, including the URLS the the required playerglobal.swcs.

I also made a script the other day that will download, install and check all versions of playerflobal.swc in an Apache Flex SDK.
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/flex/sdk/branches/develop/ide/checkAllPlayerGlobals.sh?view=markup

Currently it only been tested on OSX but perhaps someone can try it on windows and/or convert it to a batch script?

Thanks,
Justin

RE: playerglobal.swc 10.x is missing from SDK 4.9

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Om,

Thanks for the quick answer.

I understand the compatibility requirement, so flex-config need to be set by default to FP 11.1.

However, would it be possible that a future version of the installer also downloads 10.2 playerglobal.swc , which is the minimum supported version, in addition to 11.1 and 11.4.
AFAIU, that will not impact the compatibility requirement, and would avoid one manual operation, even if it is simple, when targeting FP 10.2 (which is the case of developers in my company).

Maurice

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.