Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by topgun <sa...@mindtree.com> on 2013/11/22 10:09:10 UTC

Few Clarification on Apache Solr front

We are planning to migrate a website from its proprietary CMS to Drupal. As
they have been using a 3rd party enterprise search service(Endeca), we have
proposed Apache-solr as replacement. We are in the process of proof of
concept with respect to Apache-Solr. We would like to understand certain
aspects with respect to Apache-solr,

* In Apache-Solr, just want to understand whether it it possible to index
only few content from a node.
* Do we have phonetic mismatch and typographical error and misplaced
wordbreaks or punctuation detection ?
* Possibility of having stop word configuration and list of nouns.

Thanks so much in Advance.

Warm Regards,
Saravanan

Re: Few Clarification on Apache Solr front

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
1> indexing a few contents from a node. Well, you build
the ingestion pipeline so it's up to the code you build.

2> It's all about analysis. When you build your schema,
you determine how you need to treat your data and
you you're searching on it and build the analysis chain
for each field accordingly. See:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters
as a place to start.

3> Stopwords are built in to Solr, you have to provide the
list however. I have no idea what you mean by "list of nouns",
what do you want to do with that list?

Best,
Erick