Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org> on 2007/02/01 07:51:41 UTC

Re: [graphics] Artwork for cocoon.apache.org - next steps

hepabolu wrote:
> Steven Noels said the following on 31/1/07 10:13:
>> On 31 Jan 2007, at 07:51, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>
>>> - Although I would like to have it, it is difficult for us to
>>>    maintain a "breadcrump navigation" like
>>>    Apache Cocoon > Cocoon Blocks > Cocoon Forms > [Introduction]
>>>    as we can't auto-generate them using existing (meta) data. As long
>>> as we
>>>    don't have a good idea of how to do it, we should avoid having one.
>>
>> What's the (Daisy?) issue here? It sure is possible to have
>> breadcrumbs + normal nav on one page - just a matter of processing the
>> same navtree twice.
>
> That's the caveat: if the page is not in the navtree, there is no
> breadcrumb to be generated.
>
> I'm working on it.

The problem is not Daisy specific but caused by the design of the export tool.
Each artifact, that we produce, can have its own documentation. "Own
documentation" means that it consists of one navigation tree document and
documents that are linked from there.

For example, let's assume that we want to have a breadcrump navigation like
ASF > Apache Cocoon > Cocoon Blocks > Cocoon Forms > [Introduction]. When the
"Introduction" document is exported, we have access to the document name
"Introduction" and we know that it is part of the "Cocoon Forms" documentation.
We also know that we are producing the "Apache Cocoon" documentation and that
Cocoon is a "ASF" project.

What we *don't* know is that "Cocoon Forms" belongs to "Cocoon Blocks". I have
to think more about how to pass the value "Cocoon Blocks" to the invoked Maven
Daisy plugin without having to set the value in each and every plugin
configuration.

[after reading my mail again before sending it] I think that having global
properties in cocoon/trunk/pom.xml with the values "Cocoon Blocks", "Cocoon
Core" etc. and using them in the Maven Daisy plugin configuration should be good
enough.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc