Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Glauber Stéfano Rezende <gl...@hst.com.br> on 2008/03/04 13:44:50 UTC

Problem with continuum

Hi,

Anybody there are solution to this problem.
I´ve never saw this.

Provider message: The svn command failed.
Command output:
svn: Your .svn/tmp directory may be missing or corrupt; run 'svn cleanup' and try again
svn: Can't open file 'Sigmai-Evolution\SigmaiWeb\JavaSource\br\com\hst\j2ee\sigmai\web\struts\form\report\.svn\tmp\text-base\ReportBdRemainingBySegmentAtCommissionerSupervisorForm.java.svn-base': The system cannot find the path specified.

Glauber Stéfano Rezende

RE: Problem with continuum

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.
The answer is already given:

You need file access to your continuum application. (Through ssh or on the machine itself for example) Continuum uses a work directory where the checkouts are made. Here lies the problem. (For every build the working copy is updated, not recreated.)

You need to get the subversion update properly, by executing svn update in the working copy. This will fail and you need to find out why. Probably because some files are changed locally and needs merging or removing.

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk

Posted by Glauber Stéfano Rezende <gl...@hst.com.br>.

--
Glauber Stéfano Rezende
HST Sistemas & Tecnologia

Re: Problem with continuum

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
wrote:

> Isn't that what the Build Fresh option on the build definition is for?

Yes and no :)
The build fresh run a clean checkout instead of an update but it will be use
on all runs except if you change back the value.

With a  "remove working copy" button, you'll clean it without to modify your
build definitions

>  Doesn't it delete the working directory and re-checkout from scm?

RE: Problem with continuum

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.
Before I read your mail I had filed an issue (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-1680). If that is the way of a build fresh, that would also be allright and it can be closed as a duplicate. Unfortunately, I'm still working with continuum 1.0, so I hadn't seen that option.

With regards,

Nick S.

Re: Problem with continuum

Posted by Tomislav Stojcevich <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problem with continuum

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
like a "remove working copy" button?
Can you file an issue?

Emmanuel

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 3:47 PM, <ni...@planet.nl> wrote:

> You need file access to your continuum application. (Through ssh or on the
> machine itself for example) Continuum uses a work directory where the
> checkouts are made. Here lies the problem. (For every build the working copy
> is updated, not recreated.)
>
> As a side note for the dev'ers. Would it be possible to get some
> functionality to recreate your workingcopy? At the moment I have the same
> problem and no direct connection to the machine, only the web interface.
>
> Hth,
>
> Nick Stolwijk
>

> How I do this?
>
> --
> Glauber Stéfano Rezende
> HST Sistemas & Tecnologia
> CM - Configuration Manager
> Fone: +55 19 3294-0331
> http://www.hst.com.br

RE: Problem with continuum

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.

Re: Problem with continuum

Posted by Glauber Stéfano Rezende <gl...@hst.com.br>.
Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
> You can try to remove your report directory (or a parent) and force a build.
>
> Emmanuel
>
> On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 1:44 PM, Glauber Stéfano Rezende <
> glauber_rezende@hst.com.br> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Anybody there are solution to this problem.
>> I´ve never saw this.
>>

>> Provider message: The svn command failed.
>> Command output:

>> svn: Your .svn/tmp directory may be missing or corrupt; run 'svn cleanup'
>> and try again
>> svn: Can't open file
>> 'Sigmai-Evolution\SigmaiWeb\JavaSource\br\com\hst\j2ee\sigmai\web\struts\form\report\.svn\tmp\text-base\ReportBdRemainingBySegmentAtCommissionerSupervisorForm.java.svn-base':
>> The system cannot find the path specified.

>> --
>> Glauber Stéfano Rezende

How I do this?

--