Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by glebreton <go...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/06 19:10:31 UTC

CXF & Osgi bundle problem

Hi,

I have some problems for integrating CXF and OSGI. I use Felix for OSGI and
this Exception is raised : javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Provider
com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl not found

This exception happend with the following code :

fr.cxf.osgi.test.HelloWorld :

package fr.cxf.osgi.test;

import javax.jws.WebService;

@WebService
public interface HelloWorld {
    String sayHi(String text);
}

fr.cxf.osgi.test.HelloWorldImpl :

package fr.cxf.osgi.test;

import javax.jws.WebService;

@WebService(endpointInterface = "fr.cxf.osgi.test.HelloWorld")
public class HelloWorldImpl implements HelloWorld {

    public String sayHi(String text) {
        return "Hello " + text;
    }
}

fr.cxf.osgi.test.Activator :

package fr.cxf.osgi.test;

import javax.xml.ws.Endpoint;

import org.osgi.framework.BundleActivator;
import org.osgi.framework.BundleContext;

public class Activator implements BundleActivator {
	public void start(BundleContext arg0) throws Exception {
		HelloWorldImpl hwi = new HelloWorldImpl();
		Endpoint.publish("http://localhost:9000/HelloWorld", hwi);
	}

	public void stop(BundleContext arg0) throws Exception {

	}
}

MANIFEST.MF :

Manifest-Version: 2.0
Bundle-Name: TestCxfOsgi
Bundle-Version: 0.1
Import-Package: org.osgi.framework
Bundle-Activator: fr.cxf.osgi.test.Activator
Bundle-Classpath: ., libs/aopalliance-1.0.jar, libs/commons-logging-1.1.jar,
libs/cxf-2.0.1-incubator.jar,
                  libs/geronimo-activation_1.1_spec-1.0-M1.jar,
                  libs/geronimo-annotation_1.0_spec-1.1.jar,
                  libs/geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.0-M1.jar,
                  libs/geronimo-servlet_2.5_spec-1.1-M1.jar,
                  libs/geronimo-ws-metadata_2.0_spec-1.1.1.jar,
                  libs/jaxb-api-2.0.jar, libs/jaxb-impl-2.0.5.jar,
                  libs/jaxws-api-2.0.jar, libs/jaxws-api.jar,
libs/jaxws-rt.jar,
                  libs/neethi-2.0.jar, libs/saaj-api-1.3.jar,
libs/saaj-impl-1.3.jar,
                  libs/stax-api-1.0.1.jar, libs/wsdl4j-1.6.1.jar,
libs/wstx-asl-3.2.1.jar,
                  libs/xml-resolver-1.2.jar, libs/XmlSchema-1.2.jar

I also tried to convert cxf and its dependencies as bundles and to put all
the libs in one bundle but it does not change anything. And tested with JRE
5 & 6.

Thank you and sorry for my english :/

Re: CXF & Osgi bundle problem

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Btw, in ServiceMix we have a distribution which includes Felix and CXF with
all its dependencies.  You can download it from:
  http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/servicemix/features/apache-servicemix/1.0-SNAPSHOT/

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 7:10 PM, glebreton <go...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I have some problems for integrating CXF and OSGI. I use Felix for OSGI and
>  this Exception is raised : javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Provider
>  com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl not found
>
>  This exception happend with the following code :
>
>  fr.cxf.osgi.test.HelloWorld :
>
>  package fr.cxf.osgi.test;
>
>  import javax.jws.WebService;
>
>  @WebService
>  public interface HelloWorld {
>     String sayHi(String text);
>  }
>
>  fr.cxf.osgi.test.HelloWorldImpl :
>
>  package fr.cxf.osgi.test;
>
>  import javax.jws.WebService;
>
>  @WebService(endpointInterface = "fr.cxf.osgi.test.HelloWorld")
>  public class HelloWorldImpl implements HelloWorld {
>
>     public String sayHi(String text) {
>         return "Hello " + text;
>     }
>  }
>
>  fr.cxf.osgi.test.Activator :
>
>  package fr.cxf.osgi.test;
>
>  import javax.xml.ws.Endpoint;
>
>  import org.osgi.framework.BundleActivator;
>  import org.osgi.framework.BundleContext;
>
>  public class Activator implements BundleActivator {
>         public void start(BundleContext arg0) throws Exception {
>                 HelloWorldImpl hwi = new HelloWorldImpl();
>                 Endpoint.publish("http://localhost:9000/HelloWorld", hwi);
>         }
>
>         public void stop(BundleContext arg0) throws Exception {
>
>         }
>  }
>
>  MANIFEST.MF :
>
>  Manifest-Version: 2.0
>  Bundle-Name: TestCxfOsgi
>  Bundle-Version: 0.1
>  Import-Package: org.osgi.framework
>  Bundle-Activator: fr.cxf.osgi.test.Activator
>  Bundle-Classpath: ., libs/aopalliance-1.0.jar, libs/commons-logging-1.1.jar,
>  libs/cxf-2.0.1-incubator.jar,
>                   libs/geronimo-activation_1.1_spec-1.0-M1.jar,
>                   libs/geronimo-annotation_1.0_spec-1.1.jar,
>                   libs/geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.0-M1.jar,
>                   libs/geronimo-servlet_2.5_spec-1.1-M1.jar,
>                   libs/geronimo-ws-metadata_2.0_spec-1.1.1.jar,
>                   libs/jaxb-api-2.0.jar, libs/jaxb-impl-2.0.5.jar,
>                   libs/jaxws-api-2.0.jar, libs/jaxws-api.jar,
>  libs/jaxws-rt.jar,
>                   libs/neethi-2.0.jar, libs/saaj-api-1.3.jar,
>  libs/saaj-impl-1.3.jar,
>                   libs/stax-api-1.0.1.jar, libs/wsdl4j-1.6.1.jar,
>  libs/wstx-asl-3.2.1.jar,
>                   libs/xml-resolver-1.2.jar, libs/XmlSchema-1.2.jar
>

>  I also tried to convert cxf and its dependencies as bundles and to put all
>  the libs in one bundle but it does not change anything. And tested with JRE
>  5 & 6.
>
>  Thank you and sorry for my english :/
>
>  --

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

RE: CXF & Osgi bundle problem

Posted by glebreton <go...@gmail.com>.
It's working now with Equinox, thank you :)

RE: CXF & Osgi bundle problem

Posted by Mayank Thakore <ma...@huawei.com>.
When I had tried initially, I got the same error and decided to try a
different eclipse package. Changing to "Eclipse for RCP/Plug-in Developers"
worked for me! (I use equinox)

Regards
Mayank
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is