Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2008/08/24 19:04:33 UTC

Discussion- user Docs and User UI

I know I have enough on my plate, but i would really like to see a
different layout added to the current user docs.
The one thing we lack is an intuitive way to do things.

Up till now, a lot of data gets added using the xml files.

I think a section should be dedicated to those that want to use those
and how.

More I want to have a layout as to how to like added a product store,
though the UI.
Now one can fuddle their way through and then come to a drop down box
and not know where to go to put in the the data.
Like considerations for party groups and parties necessary for facilities
and Facilities that should to be defined before creating the Store
Ect.
then link back to the original Documents for where and how to access
those functions.

the other is to start adding popup windows for dropdowns that need to be
populated like an products you select a warehouse, will what if there is
no warehouse for this product yet. Like we do for finds but it just open
a new window for adding a warehouse.
or have a breadcrum trail so they can move back up the links to where
they were.

Re: Discussion- user Docs and User UI

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
bump this up

David E. Jones sent the following on 8/24/2008 6:23 PM:

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
to take this one step further, I have been toying with the idea of some
way of linking the relationship of an entity into links when that entity
field is shown would link to the page.
yeah I know that at this time, that is not possible, but I am working on it.

BJ Freeman sent the following on 8/25/2008 2:39 AM:

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.