Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by KJQ <kj...@logicdrop.com> on 2018/09/14 03:53:49 UTC

Question about Caching, Console, and PeerClassLoading

I have a question about how Caching, the Web Console, and Peer ClassLoading
work...

I have 2 nodes, both with PeerClassLoading enabled, and the web console
started.  From the caching side, it appears everything is working as it
should (without peer class loading I seemed to get intermittent cannot
marshal errors).

*When I go to the WebConsole and "scan" I various results:*
- I get all the items on all nodes
- I get a Query error
- I can only get the items on a specific node (leading me to believe it is
not recognizing the classes to unmarshal on other nodes).
- I get an occasional cannot read "field" error

Most of the time, if I scan the specific node (for example see 2 out of 3
elements) then do a full scan I will see all of the items (3 of 3 elements).

Is this expected behaviour for the WebConsole?  I am just using it to spot
check the entries.  Shouldn't it always return all the results (especially
since it does some of the time)?

Also, i've seen that you should not use PeerClassLoading but for my
purposes, a self-contained cluster of embedded Ignite instances (in
SpringBoot) and one external instance, this seems to work well.  What are
the reasons for not using PeerClassLoading in such a scenario or is it ok?

-----
KJQ

Re: Question about Caching, Console, and PeerClassLoading

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Peer Class Loading only covers loading of various runnables (queries,
lambdas, services, etc, etc).

It does not cover key/value classes for your caches. Moreover, it could not
do anything if you had two different versions of those in your cluster.

The recommendation here is either to have identical key/value classes for
your caches on all nodes, including servers; or to avoid having key/value
classes on server nodes altogether, in which case their binary forms will
always be used.

If you have different problems, please provide relevant error screenshots
from Web Console.

Ilya Kasnacheev