Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/24 05:55:32 UTC

Guide: Developing with Tomcat and Eclipse

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm always amazed at how tortured people's setups are.

That does it. I'm equally surprised every time I see people doing all
kinds of crazy manual steps and putting up with several seconds, even
minutes of build and wait time after every little change they make. I
have nothing against Jetty and I use it both for development and
production depending on a project, but since I'm sick and tired of
people bashing Tomcat just because they haven't used it or use it
wrong, I wrote a guide for developing webapps with Tomcat and Eclipse,
available at http://tynamo.org/Developing+with+Tomcat+and+Eclipse.
Next time you have the urge to complain about "broken class reloading
in Tomcat" please re-read the guide :p

Kalle

Re: Guide: Developing with Tomcat and Eclipse

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I'm amazed and flattered, people still seem to love Sysdeo Tomcat
Launcher and my buttons I designed for it from v0.9:
http://www.eclipsetotale.com/tomcatPlugin/releaseNotesV3.txt [?]

Werner

Re: Guide: Developing with Tomcat and Eclipse

Posted by Paul Stanton <pa...@mapshed.com.au>.
Thanks Kalle,

I just had a first attempt at following your steps, however I couldn't
get it to work. I will try again later.

i would prefer to use tomcat especially since i haven't got
run-jetty-run to shutdown gracefully yet.

you must admit, your instructions are quite involved and i wouldn't
expect anyone to guess at the process ... how can you possibly be surprised?

p.

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, am amazed and flattered, eople still seem to love Sysdeo Tomcat