Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/14 17:08:20 UTC

Re: POST queries to Solr instead of HTTP Gets with query string parameters

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 8:06 PM, Glock, Thomas <th...@pfizer.com>wrote:

> Is a way to POST queries to Solr instead of supplying query string
> parameters ?

All Solr requests are normal HTTP requests. Most HTTP client libraries in
various languages have a way to select POST instead of GET. If you are using
Solrj client, then you can use
QueryRequest#setMethod(SolrRequest.METHOD.POST)

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: POST queries to Solr instead of HTTP Gets with query string parameters

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Ankit Bhatnagar <ab...@vantage.com>wrote:

> Solrj1.4 supports QueryRequest#setMethod(SolrRequest.METHOD.POST)
>
> but Solrj1.3 does not.

I just checked the 1.3 release. It most definitely exists in 1.3

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

RE: POST queries to Solr instead of HTTP Gets with query string parameters

Posted by Ankit Bhatnagar <ab...@vantage.com>.

Solrj1.4 supports QueryRequest#setMethod(SolrRequest.METHOD.POST)

but Solrj1.3 does not.

-Ankit