Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Rodríguez Miguélez, Adolfo" <ad...@mapfre.com> on 2003/08/20 12:03:42 UTC

creating DB from an XSD or XML

>From time ago I am loooking fo a way to do the following.

Assuming that I have some kind of DTD or XSD for XMLs. I would like to
create, a database, or DDL, to reproduce the DTD or XSD estructure in my
database schema. Could be this done with an automathic procedure. In other
words, is currently possible to create a database schema reproducing the
structure of an XSD or DTD? Such a DTD or XSD would not be database aware at
all.

I am developing a web application focused for a kind of business which
already has very well defined XML schemas and I would like to create the
database following the same estructure, if possible, as an authomatic
procedure, maybe with OJB, or OJB plus something.... It would easy me to
receive XMLs from an external web service an automathically store them in
DB, or the opposite make a valid XML conforming the DTD or XSD from my
database assuming that both have same strutucture.

TIA,

Adolfo

Re: creating DB from an XSD or XML

Posted by jg...@renr.es.
Hi, Adolfo

I´dont know any tool to make a DDL from a DTD. I´ve do itby hand. Usuarlly,
a dtd maps against a unique table and it doesn´t so difficult.

For extract xml we use digister (jakarta.apache.org/commons). It has a good
works to map xml/object.

My database has a table with the data, I use ojb to make persistence and
digister to map the xml. It´s easy.

Greetings

Jose Galiana
Director de proyectos