Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Samuel Alfonso Vel�zquez D�az <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/07 20:56:11 UTC

Lucene for my site

Hi! so far I have read all the docs of the lucene.apache.org site and some articles on the web, but I haven't found a comprehensive guide to implement/configure/adapt lucene to create a web aplication that takes a local file system directory as a root folder, index all the document under that directory recusebly and map the results to some URL like http://www.mydomain.com, and from that, build/customize a web application that implements a sarch facility like: http://www.mydomain.com/search/search.jsp
If some one knows any document that describes how to impmenet all the parts of this proceses and could post it to this list I would apreciate.
I think that the process I describe, is very, but very common in an internet site, so if it's documented a lot of users would apreciate it and not just me.
Best regards!

Samuel Alfonso Vel�zquez D�az
http://www.geocities.com/samuelvd
samuelvd@yahoo.com

Re: Lucene for my site

Posted by Samuel Alfonso Vel�zquez D�az <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi, Eric
I'm using JRun4, I have used tomcat very little and I don't know what a tomcat conector is, I'll take a look at tomcat connectors.
Thanks and regards!
 Eric Anderson <Er...@LanRx.com> wrote:Samuel-

A couple days ago, I posted the basic method that I used to perform that task.

Mount your documents as a subdirectory of your webapps directory in Lucene, and
then you can use a tomcat connector to redirect the appropriate urls to your
tomcat instance, where they will be served.

Works for me. I have a repository of PDF's, and HTML that I can index, search,
and serve.

Eric Anderson
LanRx Network Solutions

Quoting Samuel Alfonso Vel�zquez D�az :