Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Senthilnathan D <ds...@esolveindia.com> on 2019/01/11 08:39:11 UTC

jmeter - replay

Hi,

We are using JMeter(5.0) for performance testing for testing our
application.

We are using the recording and replay method. The setup has been done by
following the JMeter apache user manual.

1.	We were able to record the scenarios (input of a Funds transfer for
our application)
2.	On Replaying the scenario, JMeter does not show any error but the
transaction has not created.

Can anyone kindly have a look and help out

Regards

Senthil

Re: jmeter - replay

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com>.
Hello,

This is the step called Correlation, see:

   -
   https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/jmeter_proxy_step_by_step.html#correlate-start

To improve your load testing skills and better use JMeter and, this book
can help you :

   - https://leanpub.com/master-jmeter-from-load-test-to-devops

Disclaimer : It is written by three members of the team (Antonio, Milamber
and me) and technically reviewed by a fourth one, Felix.

Regards
Philippe M.

--

[image: logo Ubik Ingenierie] <https://www.ubik-ingenierie.com> Philippe
Mouawad

Re: jmeter - replay

Posted by Mariusz W <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Try also use View Result tree listener to see requests/responses for your
scenario.

https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#View_Results_Tree

Regards,
Mariusz

Re: jmeter - replay

Posted by "glinius@live.com" <gl...@live.com>.
1. JMeter automatically treats responses with  HTTP Status Codes
<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Status>   below 400 as
successful. It doesn't do any extra checks so you might want to introduce
Assertions
<https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/how-use-jmeter-assertions-3-easy-steps>
in order to verify that your test is doing what it is supposed to be doing.

2. Make sure to add  HTTP Cookie Manager
<http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Cookie_Manager>
to your Test Plan

3. Record the same scenario one more time and compare the recorded scripts.
If you see the differences - these values need to be *correlated* - to wit
extracted from the previous response using suitable JMeter  Post-Processor
<http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#postprocessors>
and stored into  JMeter Variables
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/functions.html>  . Once done you will
need to replace hard-coded values which need to be dynamic with the
aforementioned variables.

--
Sent from: http://www.jmeter-archive.org/JMeter-User-f512775.html