Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2007/03/09 15:49:53 UTC

Re: GroupId generated by Database wizard

On 3/9/07, Anita Kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>    The Database Pool wizard generates console.dbpool as groupId for the
> generated rar. The version is always 1.0. I think the groupId should be
> o.a.g.something and the version should match geronimo's version.
>    Suggestions?

I disagree -- a groupId of o.a.g.something implies that the module was
created by the Geronimo team, which will not be the case.  I would be
OK to allow it to be overridden to an application-specific value, but
I would not want to add that to the default process (sicne I think the
DB pool wizard needs to be easy for people who don't understand Maven
IDs) -- we could add an "advanced naming" button that takes you to an
optional screen where you can specify the full artifact ID, perhaps.
Anyway, the idea with the 1.0 version is that the version needs to be
*something* and we could later hook up editing to increment the
version when you change the pool.

Thanks,
       Aaron