Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Peter Döhler <Do...@dr-malek.de> on 2014/02/12 11:42:33 UTC

svn:global-ignore behaviour for unversioned folders

Hi,

I have a problem with the svn:global-ignore property.

I would like to recursively ignore all subfolders named "bin". When I set this property on a folder "foo" and then add a folder "foo/bin" it is working. But when I create a folder "foo/bar/bin" the "bin" isn't ignored cause the folder "bar" isn't under version control... Is this behaviour intended? Is there some workaround?

In our case this behaviour makes some trouble, cause our tools often create deep tree structures, containing bin-folders that should not be versioned.

With kind regards
Peter Döhler

Re: svn:global-ignore behaviour for unversioned folders

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.
Peter Döhler <Do...@dr-malek.de> writes:

> I have a problem with the svn:global-ignore property.

'svn:global-ignore' should be 'svn:global-ignores'.  Is that your
problem?  The standard 1.8 client will warn you if you try to set the
mispelled 'svn:global-ignore' on a working copy.  If you didn't see a
warning then you are probably using a pre-1.8 client that doesn't
implement svn:global-ignores.

--
Philip Martin | Subversion Committer
WANdisco // *Non-Stop Data*