Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ben Mihailescu <be...@ece.mcgill.ca> on 2002/04/16 19:12:37 UTC

Virtual Host Not Starting

Hi all,

My first "complicated" apache install!

The www content is coming of a NIS/NFS server running Solaris7. The
"old" apache box is still running and it has to be running until I'm
done migrating all the virtual servers to the "new" one. The two have
independent IP's, however, according to the rule of the land, we're
installing all the software, including Apache, to a NFS share.

My newly installed Apache seems to be running ok by itself, with DocRoot
only. I have modified the DNS to point a test domain to an existing
virtual server home. Each have independent IP's. The old VS servers
pages ok, but the new one gives me a "Can Not Find Server" error. If I
nslookup and ping from the same machine I am trying to browse from, both
respond with the right IP's. Both server logs don't log any error with
regards to this.

Question is: Is it totally wrong to run two httpds in parallel, on
different machines, though? They both have their own /etc , and the
installations are done in different dirs on the NFS share. Could there
be a conflict here?

Thanks for any kind of input!

Ben

--
Ben Mihailescu - System Administrator
<ci...@netscape.com> <www.sysadmin.ece.mcgill.ca>

Re: Virtual Host Not Starting

Posted by Artiom Morozov <ar...@phreaker.net>.
"can not find server" is from MSIE, yeah? see proxy setup. also it's
better to try
telnet hostname 80
HEAD / HTTP/1.0
Host: hostname

to perform initial checking

îÁ 2002.04.16 20:12 Ben Mihailescu ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌ: