Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Shekhar Bhati <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/20 18:15:52 UTC

Issues with embed tag

Hi Batik Experts,

We are facing the following issue while trying to print svg document:

The following line of code is used to embed the svg document in the jsp
file :

<embed id="print" name="print" src="<%=request.getParameter("URL")%>"
width="100%" height="100%" type="image/svg+xml" >

Here request.getParameter("URL") is the URL of the SVG document But in the
print preview/print svg content is missing.

Is there any known issue using the embed tag with batik or
type="image/svg+xml"??

Any help/pointer is appreciated!

Thanks & Regards,

Shekhar

Re: Issues with embed tag

Posted by Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shekhar

> At the same time I want to assure you that the issues are posted not only by
> doing intial trawl but trying the various options as well.

Thanks for clearing this up. Usually stating which were the failed
attempts, even if barely explained, also helps towards 1) avoiding
anyone trying to reproduce from attempting already proved to fail
approaches, at least in an initial phase and 2) understanding the
effort put in before asking. :-)

> It might be the case that the issues might not directly with Batik but they
> are occuring only while using Batik which is our primary requirement and we
> feel that this forum is the best place to address such issues.

I still feel like unrelated questions like applet in Web page
integration, questions related to external libraries used by Batik
(such as Rhino) and more should be raised in broader (general Java
forums) and/or their specific mailing lists (for the external
libraries). ;-)

> We have tried the links and documentation suggest but the problem remains
> the same that this is not working with these tags if supplied the SVG source
> URL .

Not sure how to help with such sparse information. In this case, seems
you are experiencing an (X)HTML issue (URL isn't pointing to what you
think, maybe?) rather than a Java one. Doing some HTTP sniffing (for
example, using a took like Wireshark [1]) may help clearing up what's
happening. Note that integrating technologies does require
medium-to-advanced knowledge of each of the ones being integrated, and
a fair amount of patience for issues which usually are triggered due
to lack of implementation interoperability, implementation-specific
technology integration issues, etc.... ;-)

> Apologies for any inconvience caused by this.

I can't speak for the mailing list users/administrators but, in my
opinion, it has been lately a bit cluttered with these few unrelated
threads which, although not causing any major inconvenience,
could/should be avoided in order to keep the mailing list healthy. :-)

> Thanks & Regards,
> Shekhar

Regards,
 Helder

[1] http://www.wireshark.org/

Re: Issues with embed tag

Posted by Shekhar Bhati <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Helder for the reply.

I appreciate you time regarding helping us with the issues.

Re: Issues with embed tag

Posted by Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shekhar,