Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Britton <jb...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/09 18:19:16 UTC

mod_jk load balancing to Tomcats or SonicWall NetScaler?

Hello Good People -

I'm trying to determine the best route in which to load balance multiple
tomcats, what should I be taking into consideration when choosing between
SonicWall's NetScaler or in continuing to use mod_jk?  This question isn't
meant to fuel a purchase decision as we have already acquired NetScaler for
other purposes.  mod_jk seems quite robust in its load balancing options.
Would really appreciate details I should be taking into consideration one
way or the other.  To simply this discussion just assume we are using the
latest version of mod_jk, apache and tomcat.  Thanks for any insight,

Jason