Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/04/20 21:41:36 UTC

Updates to Avalon Components delayed....

Due to the incredible amount of restructuring over on Avalon,
what would have been two very simple changes, involves changing
package references in almost every class in Cocoon.  I am almost
done with the update, but there may be some bugs introduced.

I am doing my best to not commit anything until the obvious
bugs are worked out of the system.

Also, due to the slight rearchitecting of the ComponentHolders,
we will be able to see in the logs which kind of ComponentHolder
we are using (Default = SingleThreaded, ThreadSafe, and Poolable).
The ComponentHolder returned by the Component Management follows
the priority of Poolable, ThreadSafe, SingleThreaded (in that
order).

This will help to track down why things don't work as well as
they could....

Re: Updates to Avalon Components delayed....

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Due to the incredible amount of restructuring over on Avalon,
> what would have been two very simple changes, involves changing
> package references in almost every class in Cocoon.  I am almost
> done with the update, but there may be some bugs introduced.
>
> I am doing my best to not commit anything until the obvious
> bugs are worked out of the system.
>
> Also, due to the slight rearchitecting of the ComponentHolders,
> we will be able to see in the logs which kind of ComponentHolder
> we are using (Default = SingleThreaded, ThreadSafe, and Poolable).
> The ComponentHolder returned by the Component Management follows
> the priority of Poolable, ThreadSafe, SingleThreaded (in that
> order).
>
> This will help to track down why things don't work as well as
> they could....

I am finished, and I also made sure that ESQL was current for both
projects.

Re: Updates to Avalon Components delayed....

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Due to the incredible amount of restructuring over on Avalon,
> what would have been two very simple changes, involves changing
> package references in almost every class in Cocoon.  I am almost
> done with the update, but there may be some bugs introduced.

Quick summary of changes:

1) made all packages consistent with the agreed upon heirarchy in Avalon
2) made several ComponentHandler classes to maintain a consistent handling
   of the Component during it's lifetime
3) made ComponentHandler code check to see if a lifestyle class was
   implemented more than once and throw an exception if it does
4) made JdbcConnectionPool check to see if the pooled connection has
   been closed externally BEFORE returning it.
5) Removed Poolable from CompiledComponent
6) made XSPGenerator Poolable
7) made CompiledComponent a Component (Sitemap was not marked Component)
8) made AbstractSitemap ThreadSafe.