Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/01 06:29:30 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 12.3 (vote candidate 1)

+1 (binding)

sha512, asc, builds with JDK8, runs fine with nb-javac installed, notice
file found(*).
-jt

(*) The NOTICE file mentions Kotlin Compiler, but it doesn't seem we are
distributing it. The only traces of Kotlin libraries that I have found are
in JUnit5 signature files. I don't think it is something blocking the
release, but I am curious to know what has happened.

Kotlin Compiler
Copyright 2010-2019 JetBrains s.r.o and respective authors and developers

This software includes code from IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition
Copyright (C) JetBrains s.r.o.
https://www.jetbrains.com/idea/

so 27. 2. 2021 v 11:21 odesílatel Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>
napsal:

> Dear community,
>
> This is our first voting candidate for the 12.3 release of Apache
NetBeans.

https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/job/netbeans-TLP/job/netbeans/job/release123/14/

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans/12.3/netbeans-12.3-source.zip

> SHA512:

22bc542432f5810692757178a8b2f6e7a5729e7a422e637beb22c80603f685345030db90dce5ddc467bd26659e48ddbc3cadaf4fab4d41a8bd7de421f030d67f

> KEYS file:
> https://downloads.apache.org/netbeans/KEYS
>
> Associated with the primary source item we have, generated with the
> pipeline mentioned above:
>
> -- under https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans/12.3
> binaries associated with the source
> netbeans-12.3-bin.zip
> as well as update content under nbms folder
>
> -- under
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans-platform/12.3
> you will find the platform cluster build
> netbeans-platform-12.3-bin.zip
> netbeans-platform-12.3-source.zip
>
> Release specific wiki page:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+NetBeans+12.3
>
> ------------------------
>
> Voting Requirements
>
> Before voting +1 you are required to download the signed source code
> package, compile it as provided, and test the resulting executable on your
> own platform, along with also verifying that the package meets the
> requirements of the ASF policy on releases - see:
>
> http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#management
>
> In particular, you should (at least) follow these steps.
>
> 1. Download the artefact to be voted on and unzip it.
>
> 2. Check that the artefact does not contain any jar files, except for:
>      -

platform/autoupdate.services/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/api/autoupdate/data/empty.jar

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Nice works vc1 on good way !!!

Regards
Eric

napsal:

> [...]
>      which are only jars by their name
>
> 3. Verify the cryptographic signatures, the NOTICE and LICENSE file
>
> 4. Build it using the README provided by the artifact.
>
> 5. Look in nbbuild/netbeans for the NetBeans installation created by
> the build process and try running it.
>
> In addition to checking the sources, you should check the associated
> convenience binary zips and nbms at the artifact links above. As well
> as checking any artifact functions correctly, you should check that it
> has been correctly signed by a PMC member, and that the source being
> voted on is sufficient to build the relevant binary.
>
> Separate votes will be held on other convenience binaries, including
> installers and Maven artifacts. Those will be dependent on this vote
> passing.
>
> This vote is going to be open at least 72 hours, vote with +1, 0, and
as