Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by arni <ma...@arni.name> on 2007/07/25 23:09:00 UTC

simple rule idea

I just had the following rule idea to prevent false positives (i have no
problem scoring spam high enough, i rather want to find ways to lower
the score on ham)

I want to reward -2 points for people that know my very distinctive
lastname and include it in the message or the To field - however i also
use email addresses that already contain my last name - in this case i
dont want to reward points because it was an obvious guess, here is how
i'd do it:

body   __SENDER_KNOWS_REALNAME_BODY /\b__lastname\b/i
header __SENDER_KNOWS_REALNAME_HEAD To =~ /.*__lastname.*<.*>/i
header __REALNAME_WAS_OBVIOUS To =~ /<.*__lastname.*>/i
meta SENDER_KNOWS_REALNAME  ((__SENDER_KNOWS_REALNAME_BODY ||
__SENDER_KNOWS_REALNAME_HEAD) && !__REALNAME_WAS_OBVIOUS)

comments?
arni