Posted to users@maven.apache.org by DCVer <ke...@o2.pl> on 2008/02/01 12:01:47 UTC

RE: Snapshots aren't updated!

Thanks guys, it is as you say. When I execute mvn deploy instead of mvn
install I see (in output logs), that maven updates metadata.
But this creates another question from me: how can I specify two deploy
paths in pom.xml or specyfing some argument to mvn deploy command? In
pom.xml, in <distributionManagement> section i have one destination
repository specified, but when I deploy snapshots, I want them to be stored
in another repository. Can I have 2 remote repositories specified in
pom.xml?

nicklist wrote:

> If I understand you correctly, you're using the maven-install-plugin to
> install files into the remote repository? This way the metadata in the
> remote repository is not correctly being updated, so that causes the
> snapshot not to be updated in the local repository. Use the
> maven-deploy-plugin for the deployment of artifacts into the remote
> repository. This is the only way the metadata would be correct.
>
> Hth,
>
> Nick Stolwijk

RE: Snapshots aren't updated!

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.
> how can I specify two deploy paths in pom.xml

Use the snapshotRepository[1]

> or specyfing some argument to mvn deploy command?
For deploy:deploy-file the arguments are in the documentation [2]

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk

[1] http://maven.apache.org/ref/2.0.7/maven-model/maven.html#class_distributionManagement
[2] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/deploy-file-mojo.html