Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Majid Azimi <az...@yahoo.com> on 2014/07/30 20:15:49 UTC

Do I need to know Scala to take full advantage of spark?

Hi guys

I'm very new in spark land comming from old school MapReduce world. I
have no idea about scala. Does Java/Python API can compete with native
Scala API? Is Spark heavily scala centric and binding for other
languages are only for starting up and testing and serious work in spark
will require scala knowledge?

Re: Do I need to know Scala to take full advantage of spark?