Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Greg Allen <ga...@netrox.net> on 2005/04/30 23:24:24 UTC

upgrade to SA 3.0.3 - pod2man path issue

FYI:

Ok, I just tried upgrading 3.0.2 to 3.0.3 and get the following

------------------
During install, after I run:  perl Makefile.PL

It asks me a few setup questions then I get:

Warning: I could not locate your pod2man program. Please make sure, your
pod2man program is in your PATH before you execute 'make'.

------------------

I have installed multiple programs on my Linux box with no such error. Looks
like the new SA uses pod2man and doesn't know where it is at, even though it
is installed on the system (podlators-1.27 from Cpan). Since I am not a
total Linux geek it will take me a little while to figure our how to correct
the path issue. I will try to add the location of pod2man to the path on the
Linux system and see what happens.

RE: upgrade to SA 3.0.3 - pod2man path issue

Posted by Greg Allen <ga...@netrox.net>.
It is Redhat 8.0 so this may apply. I will check it out.

Thanks

> Ok, I just tried upgrading 3.0.2 to 3.0.3 and get the following
> ------------------
> During install, after I run:  perl Makefile.PL
>
> It asks me a few setup questions then I get:
>
> Warning: I could not locate your pod2man program. Please make sure, your
> pod2man program is in your PATH before you execute 'make'.

You don't say what OS you are running on, but if RedHat, you might check the
wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/Pod2ManRedHat?highlight=%28pod2man%29

Bill

Re: upgrade to SA 3.0.3 - pod2man path issue

Posted by Bill Landry <bi...@pointshare.com>.

Posted by Tim Boyer <ti...@denmantire.com>.
On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 17:24:24 -0400, "Greg Allen" <ga...@netrox.net>
wrote:

>FYI:
>
>Ok, I just tried upgrading 3.0.2 to 3.0.3 and get the following
>

>------------------
>During install, after I run:  perl Makefile.PL
>
>It asks me a few setup questions then I get:
>
>Warning: I could not locate your pod2man program. Please make sure, your
>pod2man program is in your PATH before you execute 'make'.
>
>------------------
>
>I have installed multiple programs on my Linux box with no such error. Looks
>like the new SA uses pod2man and doesn't know where it is at, even though it
>is installed on the system (podlators-1.27 from Cpan). Since I am not a
>total Linux geek it will take me a little while to figure our how to correct
>the path issue. I will try to add the location of pod2man to the path on the
>Linux system and see what happens.

Red Hat, right?  This particular error has pladued me from 6 all the
way through Enterprise 3.

Just do a

LANG="en_US"
export LANG