Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by pa...@aurumtechnology.com on 2004/01/07 17:59:30 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.0 Auth Question

For some reason http auth doesn't work in Apache 2.0.  This is my configure
script:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2 --enable-modules=mod_include
--enable-ssl --enable-http --enable-cgi --with-ssl=/opt/csw/ssl

Do I have to enable http auth that uses the .htaccess files in Apache 2.0?
When I hit the cgi script to do authentication, it says it can not
authenticate.  I checked the .htaccess file for proper ownership and
permissions.  It is fine.  Also the password file is setup right.  I have
this same app working in Apache 1.3.

Patrick Liechty

Notice:  The information contained in this message may be privileged,
confidential, and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
us immediately by replying to this message, and then delete it from your
computer.  All e-mail sent to this address will be received by the Aurum
Technology corporate e-mail system and is subject to archiving and review by
someone other than the recipient.