Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org> on 2013/06/01 14:06:38 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CloudStack 4.1.0 (fifth round)

Chip,

My vote: +1 (binding)

Thanks for allowing the extension. Hadn't had time to run the complete set of
tests. Results here are posted for Advanced Zone with KVM in one cluster and
XenServer in another. I took the chance to run some additional tests for
regression, some are still running. Overall the report looks good.

Note: The SSVM test failures can be ignored since I was using the more recent
template from master. The issue is fixed on master.

Test Report follows:
===================
Artifact signatures (PASS)
Artifact checksums (PASS)
RAT Check (PASS)
Generated RPMs (PASS)

Detailed test run:
(This had to be done manually for now, despite being automated, because of CLOUDSTACK-2758)

(1052)[root@applecrumble 1052]# nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=cloud-autodeploy/xen.cfg --load test/integration/smoke/test_disk_offerings.py
Test to create disk offering ... ok
Test to update existing disk offering ... ok
Test to delete disk offering ... ok

Ran 3 tests in 0.401s

OK
(1052)[root@applecrumble 1052]# nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=cloud-autodeploy/xen.cfg --load test/integration/smoke/test_deploy_vm.py
Test Deploy Virtual Machine ...

ok

Ran 1 test in 170.088s

OK

(1052)[root@applecrumble 1052]# nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=cloud-autodeploy/xen.cfg --load test/integration/smoke/test_deploy_vms_with_varied_deploymentplanners.py
Test to deploy vm with a first fit offering ... ok
Test deploy VMs using user concentrated planner ... ok
Test deploy VMs using user dispersion planner ... ok

Ran 3 tests in 473.348s

OK

(1052)[root@applecrumble 1052]# nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=cloud-autodeploy/xen.cfg --load test/integration/smoke/test_regions.py
Test for create region ... ok

Ran 1 test in 0.148s

OK

(1052)[root@applecrumble 1052]# nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=cloud-autodeploy/xen.cfg --load test/integration/smoke/test_secondary_storage.py
Test system VM start ... ok
Test system templates are ready ... ok

Ran 2 tests in 0.467s

OK

(1052)[root@applecrumble 1052]# nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=cloud-autodeploy/xen.cfg --load test/integration/smoke/test_ssvm.py
Test List secondary storage VMs ... ok
Test List console proxy VMs ... ok
Test CPVM Internals ... ok
Test stop CPVM ... ok
Test reboot CPVM ... ok
Test destroy CPVM ... ok
Test SSVM Internals ... FAIL
Test stop SSVM ... FAIL
Test reboot SSVM ... FAIL
Test destroy SSVM ... FAIL

FAIL: Test SSVM Internals
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/test-environment-refresh/1052/test/integration/smoke/test_ssvm.py", line 351, in test_03_ssvm_internals
    "Check for Errors in tests"
AssertionError: Check for Errors in tests
-------------------- >> begin captured logging << --------------------
testclient.testcase.TestSSVMs: DEBUG: Running SSVM check script
sshClient: DEBUG: SSH connect: root@10.208.8.195 with passwd password
sshClient: DEBUG: {Cmd: ssh -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa.cloud -ostricthostkeychecking=no -oUserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -p 3922 169.254.1.218 /usr/local/cloud/systemvm/ssvm-check.sh |grep -e ERROR -e WARNING -e FAIL via Host: 10.208.8.195} {returns: ['ERROR: Cannot write to mount point', 'Tests Complete. Look for ERROR or WARNING above.']}
paramiko.transport: DEBUG: EOF in transport thread
testclient.testcase.TestSSVMs: DEBUG: SSVM script output: ['ERROR: Cannot write to mount point', 'Tests Complete. Look for ERROR or WARNING above.']
--------------------- >> end captured logging << ---------------------

Ran 10 tests in 595.764s

FAILED (failures=4)

(1052)[root@applecrumble 1052]# nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=cloud-autodeploy/xen.cfg --load test/integration/smoke/test_templates.py -a tags=advanced
Test create public & private template ... ok
Test Edit template ... ok
Test delete template ... ok
Test for extract template ... ok
Update & Test for template permissions ... ok
Test for copy template from one zone to another ... SKIP: Not enough zones available to perform copy template
Test only public templates are visible to normal user ... ok
Test System templates are not visible to normal user ... ok

Ran 8 tests in 1177.856s

OK (SKIP=1)

(1052)[root@applecrumble 1052]# nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=cloud-autodeploy/xen.cfg --load test/integration/smoke/test_iso.py -a tags=advanced
Test create public & private ISO ... ok
Test Edit ISO ... ok
Test delete ISO ... ok
Test for extract ISO ... ok
Update & Test for ISO permissions ... ok
Test for copy ISO from one zone to another ... SKIP: Not enough zones available to perform copy template

Ran 6 tests in 263.993s

OK (SKIP=1)

(1052)[root@applecrumble 1052]# nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=cloud-autodeploy/xen.cfg --load test/integration/smoke/test_routers.py -a tags=advanced
Test router internal basic zone ... ok
Test router internal advanced zone ... ok
Test restart network ... ok
Test restart network without cleanup ... ok
Test router basic setup ... ok
Test router advanced setup ... ok
Test stop router ... ok
Test start router ... ok
Test reboot router ... ok
Test network GC ... ok

Ran 10 tests in 1822.894s

OK

(1052)[root@applecrumble 1052]# nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=cloud-autodeploy/xen.cfg --load test/integration/smoke/test_volumes.py -a tags=advanced
Attach a created Volume to a Running VM ... ok
Download a Volume attached to a VM ... ok
Delete a Volume attached to a VM ... ok
Detach a Volume attached to a VM ... ok
Download a Volume unattached to an VM ... ok
Test resize (negative) non-existent volume ... ok
Test resize a volume ... ok
Delete a Volume unattached to an VM ... ok

Ran 8 tests in 2378.112s

OK

(1052)[root@applecrumble 1052]# nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=cloud-autodeploy/xen.cfg --load test/integration/smoke/test_vm_life_cycle.py -a tags='advanced'
Test advanced zone virtual router ... ok
Test Deploy Virtual Machine ... ok
Test Stop Virtual Machine ... ok
Test Start Virtual Machine ... ok
Test Reboot Virtual Machine ... ok
Test destroy Virtual Machine ... ok
Test recover Virtual Machine ... ok
Test migrate VM ... ok
Test destroy(expunge) Virtual Machine ... ok
Test for detach ISO to virtual machine ... ok

Ran 10 tests in 1355.943s

OK

(1052)[root@applecrumble 1052]# nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=cloud-autodeploy/xen.cfg --load test/integration/component/test_allocation_states.py -a tags='advanced'
Check the status of zones ... ok
Check the status of pods ... ok
Check the status of clusters ... ok
Check the status of hosts ... ok
Check the status of Storage pools ... ok
Check the status of secondary storage ... ok

Ran 6 tests in 0.150s

OK

(1052)[root@applecrumble 1052]# nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=cloud-autodeploy/xen.cfg --load test/integration/component/test_usage.py -a tags=advanced
Test Create/Delete a ISO and verify its usage is generated correctly ... ok
Test Create/Delete a LB rule and verify correct usage is recorded ... ok
Test Create/Delete a PF rule and verify correct usage is recorded ... ok
Test Assign new IP and verify usage calculation ... ok
Test Create/Delete a manual snap shot and verify ... ok
Test Upload/ delete a template and verify correct usage is generated ... ok
Test Create/Destroy VM and verify usage calculation ... ok
Test Create/delete a volume and verify correct usage is recorded ... ok
Test Create/Delete a VPN and verify correct usage is recorded ... ok

Ran 9 tests in 1869.723s

OK

(1052)[root@applecrumble 1052]# nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=cloud-autodeploy/xen.cfg --load test/integration/component/test_vpn_users.py -a tags=advanced
VPN remote access user limit tests ... ok
Test create VPN when L2TP port in use ... ok
Test create NAT rule when VPN when L2TP enabled ... ok
Test add new users to existing VPN ... ok
Test add duplicate user to existing VPN ... ok
Test as global admin, add a new VPN user to an existing VPN entry ... ok
Test as domain admin, add a new VPN user to an existing VPN entry ... ok

Ran 7 tests in 1628.889s

OK

(1052)[root@applecrumble 1052]# nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=cloud-autodeploy/xen.cfg --load test/integration/component/test_regions.py -a tags=advanced
Test for duplicate checks on region id ... ok
Test for duplicate checks on region name ... ok
Test for update Region ... ok

Ran 3 tests in 0.221s

OK

(1052)[root@applecrumble 1052]# nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=cloud-autodeploy/xen.cfg --load test/integration/component/test_projects.py -a tags=advanced
Verify No cross domain projects ... ok
Test As long as the project exists, its owner can't be removed ... ok
Test Verify a project user can be later promoted to become a ... ok
Test Verify there can only be one owner of a project at a time ... ok
Test Verify after an account is removed from the project, all his ... ok
Test project activation after suspension ... ok

Ran 6 tests in 566.743s

OK

(1052)[root@applecrumble 1052]# nosetests --with-marvin --marvin-config=cloud-autodeploy/xen.cfg --load test/integration/component/test_resource_limits.py -a tags=advanced
Test Limit number of guest account specific networks ... ok
Test VM limit per account ... ok
Test Public IP limit per account ... ok
Test Snapshot limit per account ... ok
Test Volumes limit per account ... ok
Test Templates limit per account ... ok
Test Public IP limit per domain ... ok
Test VM limit per domain ... ok
Test Snapshot limit per domain ... ok
Test Volumes limit per domain ... ok
Test Templates limit per domain ... ok

Ran 11 tests in 3853.822s

OK

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CloudStack 4.1.0 (fifth round)

Posted by Ove Ewerlid <Ov...@oracle.com>.
On 06/01/2013 02:10 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
> Thanks! I'll close the vote out this afternoon (US ET).

-1

manager will not start due to recent updated tomcat6 RPMS in distros.

The reason is an upgrade to tomcat6 in yum distros;
  * Wed May 15 2013 David Knox <dk...@redhat.com> 0:6.0.24-55
- Related: rhbz#955976 CVE-2013-1976. Changed log location
- so only root can use it. Touching TOMCAT_LOG is no longer
- required

This causes /var/log/cloudstack/management/catalina.out to end up being
created and owned by root when cloudstack-setup-management is run. This
prevents the manager from starting since manager is running as user=cloud.
The fix is to correct the ownership of catalina.out prior to starting
manager.

I'm using OEL64 to test and this update went into OEL64 repositories 29
May hence not seen in testing of ACS41 until now.

This is related to;

/Ove

--
Ove Everlid
System Administrator / Architect / SDN & Linux hacker

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CloudStack 4.1.0 (fifth round)

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.