Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/22 20:06:55 UTC

Go becomes the 4th language to be a part of the Arrow integration tests (!)

I'm excited to announce that Go has become the 4th language to
officially participate in the Arrow binary protocol integration tests,
after Java, C++, and JavaScript:

https://github.com/apache/arrow/commit/4ba2763150459c9eb4139e5954d9b5526b8ef0ee

This is a huge milestone toward making Go a first-class citizen in the
Apache Arrow world. Congrats to Sebastien, Stuart, Alexandre, and the
rest of the Go contributors!

- Wes

Re: Go becomes the 4th language to be a part of the Arrow integration tests (!)

Posted by Sebastien Binet <bi...@cern.ch>.
On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 10:08 PM Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm excited to announce that Go has become the 4th language to
> officially participate in the Arrow binary protocol integration tests,
> after Java, C++, and JavaScript:
>

> https://github.com/apache/arrow/commit/4ba2763150459c9eb4139e5954d9b5526b8ef0ee
>
> This is a huge milestone toward making Go a first-class citizen in the
> Apache Arrow world. Congrats to Sebastien, Stuart, Alexandre, and the
> rest of the Go contributors!

as you wrote, it was a team effort :)

we now "just" need to implement Map, Dictionary, Union, Extension and (full
support for) Decimal128 arrays.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
@Antoine -- on that I'm not sure. Having bidirectional read/write
tests for each pair of languages feels like the most secure approach
(but maybe not?), so if the runtimes grow too long, we might split up
the test matrix into multiple jobs instead of a single monolithic job.

Posted by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org>.
This is extremely good news.

Posted by Micah Kornfield <em...@gmail.com>.
This is awesome kudos to everyone that made it happen!