Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by RaviKiran <ve...@sun.com> on 2003/04/09 07:23:34 UTC

Xalan 1.4 with Xerces 2.2???

Hi,

Could any body let me know if it is possible to use Xalan 1.4 with
Xerces 2.2.Would this require rebuilding the xalan source code? Would it
require major code changes in
Xalan 1.4?

Thanks in advance,
Ravi.

Re: Xalan 1.4 with Xerces 2.2???

Posted by da...@us.ibm.com.

You cannot use Xalan 1.4 with Xerces 2.2.  You'll need the latest CVS, or
one fo the current 1.5 release candidates.  See the mail archive for more
info.

Dave

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           RaviKiran            |
|         |           <venkata-naga.ravikir|
|         |           an@sun.com>          |
|         |                                |
|         |           04/08/2003 10:23 PM  |
|---------+-------------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                  |
  |        To:      xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org, xalan-dev@xml.apache.org                                                           |
  |        cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)                                                                             |
  |        Subject: Xalan 1.4 with Xerces 2.2???                                                                                     |

Re: Xalan 1.4 with Xerces 2.2???

Posted by Joseph Kesselman <ke...@us.ibm.com>.
In Theory, Xalan 1.4 ought to be able to just treat Xerces as a SAX parser
and this should work... unless we have code that uses some Xerces-specific
APIs (incremental parsing, for example) which have changed since then.  If
nothing else, it should be possible to wrap a SAXSource around any SAX
parser and run from that.

Try it and see?

(Seriously: The folks actively working on the Xalan code have almost
forgotten the details of Xalan 1.4 at this point. It's just about as easy
for you to check for interactions with the newer parser as it would be for
us.)

Joe Kesselman, IBM Next-Generation Web Technologies: XML, XSL and more.
"may'ron DaroQbe'chugh vaj bIrIQbej"  ("Put down the squeezebox and nobody
gets hurt.")