Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by e nio <en...@yahoo.com> on 2003/07/31 19:47:56 UTC

Wiki, Documentation too wide to print

Can there be a simple solution out there?  I tried converting it
to  PDF but was just not successful.

I have pleaded before for a solution to help us out "old" people
who have terrible time scrolling side to side to view a web page
or even printing it, where the page is just too wide to fit. I
have made this plead before
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=104308697814843&w=2

Thanks in advance,
enio

Re: Wiki, Documentation too wide to print

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:47:56 -0700 (PDT), "e nio" <en...@yahoo.com>
said:
> Can there be a simple solution out there?  I tried converting it
> to  PDF but was just not successful.
>
> I have pleaded before for a solution to help us out "old" people
> who have terrible time scrolling side to side to view a web page
> or even printing it, where the page is just too wide to fit. I
> have made this plead before
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=104308697814843&w=2

I'm aware of this too. The solution I've found is to print it landscape!

Regards, Upayavira

Re: Wiki, Documentation too wide to print

Posted by e nio <en...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you all for responding. My screen resolution is the
standard vga 800x600 16bit color.  Landscape printing just seem
un-natural when printing multi-page, for one or two page its
okay.
Anyhow I was think in the lines of Forrest, well the
xml.apache/org/forrest/.  It has those print or pdf link, so
somehow the contents are easily converted to pdf it just that Im
not skillful enuff in making this conversion.  I will look at
other suggestions and see how far I get.
Making a web site viewable in one page without scrolling
horizontally benefits the end users immensely and adding that
printable view is extra ordinary.

Thanks,
enio

Posted by Tony Collen <co...@umn.edu>.

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
e nio wrote:
> Can there be a simple solution out there?  I tried converting it
> to  PDF but was just not successful.
>
> I have pleaded before for a solution to help us out "old" people
> who have terrible time scrolling side to side to view a web page
> or even printing it, where the page is just too wide to fit. I
> have made this plead before
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=104308697814843&w=2
>
> Thanks in advance,
> enio

I guess it's tried in general, but nobody will go through all pages and
fix them. Do you have specific pages in mind?

Joerg

Re: Wiki, Documentation too wide to print

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 31/07/2003 19:47 e nio wrote:

> Can there be a simple solution out there?  I tried converting it
> to  PDF but was just not successful.

In case anyone with JSPWiki knowledge wants to play around and help out,
the Wiki skin is attached to
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=SystemInfo

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org