Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by ll_oz_ll <hi...@yahoo.com> on 2009/09/03 17:50:03 UTC

Multiple map output value types

Hi,
Is it possible to have multiple key formats in map and reduce. I am reading
from a file which contains a string and a double. I would like the map to
output the string as a string and convert the double written in the file to
a double from a string. THen I would like reduce to concatenate the strings
and add the doubles. We could have doubles as strings too and we can cast
them back to doubles but I think it would be computationally easy if they
are doubles after the map job to start with.
Any clues?

Thanks