Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by bb...@mail.ru on 2006/12/18 13:24:40 UTC

hadoop error

Hi

While running crawl with last trunk nutch version I get this error by
hadoop:

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Job failed!
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:399)
        at org.apache.nutch.indexer.Indexer.index(Indexer.java:304)
        at org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawl.main(Crawl.java:130)

Is this a bug or my instance's misconfiguration?

Running on single box, java-1.5.0.09

Thanks.

Re: hadoop error

Posted by RP <rp...@earthlink.net>.
This was a hadoop fix that I had to apply - not quite same exact error
but there was talk that having it on by default does not work - give it
a try:

Add to hadoop-site.xml file in the conf directory....

<property>
   <name>mapred.speculative.execution</name>
   <value>false</value>
</property>

--
rp