Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Suraj Pindoria <su...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/07/29 21:02:05 UTC

Browserify support for cordova-lib/cordova-cli

Hi everyone,

I have been working with Anis and Steve to add browserify support in cordova-lib and cordova-cli.  They way this is being done is through a flag in the CLI which then calls prepare-browserify versus the standard prepare, an example:
"cordova plugin --browserify add org.apache.cordova.*"
"cordova plugin --browserify rm org.apache.cordova.*"

So far it has only been tested using iOS and Android and requires that the browserify flag is present whenever you add or remove a plugin.  Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/66

https://github.com/apache/cordova-cli/pull/185

Thanks,
Suraj.

RE: Browserify support for cordova-lib/cordova-cli

Posted by "Vladimir Kotikov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.
Hi Steve.

Seems that adding platforms and plugins and also `cordova run` with --browserify option works fine, but generated cordova.js is broken.
I've tried to run Helloworld app with camera plugin installed on Windows and Android and got following errors:

Windows:
Unhandled exception at line 23, column 142 in ms-appx://io.cordova.hellocordova/www/cordova.js
0x800a139e - JavaScript runtime error: Cannot find module 'cordova/channel'

Android:
file:///android_asset/www/cordova.js: Line 1706 : Uncaught Error: Module cordova/plugin/android/app does not exist.
file:///android_asset/www/cordova.js: Line 1633 : deviceready has not fired after 5 seconds.
file:///android_asset/www/cordova.js: Line 1626 : Channel not fired: onCordovaReady

You can take generated cordova.js here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4625315/cordova.js (for windows), https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4625315/cordova_android.js (Android)

---------------
Best regards, Vladimir

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.