Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by "Alex K." <al...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/10 09:27:37 UTC

Some Que. on WS-Trust

Hi,

Just start on using WSS4J implementation of WS-Trust and seems some
confusion about it. Tnx for any direction :0)

1 ) What are the components trust and trust2 ?? What are the differences and
which you recommend to use ?

3) Considering the TSIK incubation project and overlapping trust* components
are you still going to support Trust* components ? (I hope you do :0) )

2) Seems WSS4j implementation of WS-Trust still deals with version 1.0 of
WS-trust specification not 1.1 .. just wondering if there is any plan for
1.1 ??

3) Is there any sample code some where to get the idea how to use trust*
components ?

Cheers

Alex

Re: Some Que. on WS-Trust

Posted by David Del Vecchio <dd...@virginia.edu>.
Alex K. said:
> Hi,
>
> Just start on using WSS4J implementation of WS-Trust and seems some
> confusion about it. Tnx for any direction :0)
>
> 1 ) What are the components trust and trust2 ?? What are the differences
> and
> which you recommend to use ?

Not sure about the trust component, but trust2 does seem to be a
semi-complete working implementation, so I guess that

> 3) Considering the TSIK incubation project and overlapping trust*
> components
> are you still going to support Trust* components ? (I hope you do :0) )

I don't really know, I would guess yes in the short term. What do other
people think about this?

> 2) Seems WSS4j implementation of WS-Trust still deals with version 1.0 of
> WS-trust specification not 1.1 .. just wondering if there is any plan for
> 1.1 ??

Yes, eventually, but it's not there yet.

> 3) Is there any sample code some where to get the idea how to use trust*
> components ?

There should be a sample client and service in the trust2 directory, the
only tricky part is that you have to configure some serializers in your
WSDD file for things to work correctly. Details are below.

Hope this helps,

David

WSDD Configuration for trust2 Sample Service:

<service name="SampleSecurityTokenService" style="document" use="literal">
   <parameter name="className"
     value="org.apache.ws.sandbox.security.trust2.samples.SampleSecurityTokenService"/>

   <typeMapping xmlns:ns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/04/trust"
     qname="ns:RequestSecurityToken"
     type="java:org.apache.ws.sandbox.security.trust2.RequestSecurityToken"
     serializer="org.apache.ws.sandbox.security.trust2.serialization.RSTSerializerFactory"
     deserializer="org.apache.ws.sandbox.security.trust2.serialization.RSTDeserializerFactory"
     encodingStyle=""/>
   <typeMapping xmlns:ns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/04/trust"
     qname="ns:RequestSecurityTokenResponse"
     type="java:org.apache.ws.sandbox.security.trust2.RequestSecurityTokenResponse"
     serializer="org.apache.ws.sandbox.security.trust2.serialization.RSTResponseSerializerFactory"
     deserializer="org.apache.ws.sandbox.security.trust2.serialization.RSTResponseDeserializerFactory"
     encodingStyle=""/>

   <operation name="exchange" qname="ns1:RequestSecurityToken"
     xmlns:ns1="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/04/trust"
     returnQName="ns1:RequestSecurityTokenResponse"
     returnType="ns1:RequestSecurityTokenResponse">
       <parameter qname="ns1:RequestSecurityToken"
type="ns1:RequestSecurityToken"
         xmlns:ns1="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/04/trust"/>
   </operation>
</service>