Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marc Richards <mj...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/10 16:57:33 UTC

Running multiple instances of 5.5x as Win services

Hi all, I would like to run multiple instances of
Tomcat on a single Windows box for the purposes of
instantiating multiple jvm's (to keep the heap small
and use more of the system's available memory and cpu)
and then balance between them.  I currently have one
instance setup as a service - this was put in at
install time by the 5.5x installer, but I would like
to add an additional service that will run the same
web apps and use the same binaries, while using
alternate configuration files.

Any tips?

Thanks,

-marc

Re: Running multiple instances of 5.5x as Win services

Posted by Marc Richards <mj...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks so much.  I did search google of course, but
did not know the location of these archives - I notice
there are instructions at the bottom of distribution
emails detailing how to post new items and get help,
perhaps a link to the searchable archives would be a
helpful addition to that list?

-marc

http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-running-two-instances-of-tomcat-p3560229.html

Posted by Len Popp <le...@gmail.com>.